A society where people with learning disabilities can access the services in their community without discrimination or compromise.
To empower adults with learning disabilities in East Kent by supporting their independence and increasing access to health, social and leisure opportunities.
Understanding the gaps between the support offered to people with learning disabilities and their specific needs, Go Ability Trust focuses on:
Working with local venues and service providers
– addressing the inequality of access to sports and community activities.
Raising awareness of accessible services
– providing information and guidance supporting healthy, social lifestyles.
Funding local projects
– helping sustain and develop these much needed resources.
Distributing specialised equipment
– enabling adults with learning disabilities to access their community with greater independence.
Generating funding to continue our work
– creating events, appeals and successful bids that maximise the impact of our work.